Swim Fitness Articles
Top 10 Signs That You Are Ready to Switch from USS to Masters Swimming
- You've stopped comparing your times to the USS Nationals results and are now comparing them to USS Age group results.
- Your best time in your best event (which was once in the top 25 in the nation) is now barely in the top 25 of your state... for high school swimming.
- A workout that you once considered a "taper" workout is now your "distance" workout.
- You feel "old" at a swim meet because you can't stand to listen to the music that the "kids" listen to.
- You no longer want to warm up right before your event because you're afraid you'll be too tired to swim.
- The 200 IM now feels like a long distance event and you want to swim a 100 IM.
- You would rather count your money than your weekly yardage.
- You get on the scale and actually wonder, "Can I really eat anything I want without gaining any weight?"
- You can no longer kick your heels together in breaststroke because your thighs get in the way.
- You just want to swim to have fun.
Return to index of Swim Fitness Articles.